Monday, July 2, 2012

How do you know?

From the time we brought you home, you have had more sense than us. That much is evident. When I am chasing a deadline you will sit absolutely quietly at my feet and beg to be taken outside only when the urge to pee is uncontrollable....

you have stayed by my side all of yesterday when i was laid up in bed with a back sprain... just like you slept on the floor beneath my bed, looking up every 10 odd minutes to check if i was ok when i was down with viral fever a few months ago....

how do you know? because you are otherwise bossy and when i am browsing aimlessly on the laptop, you head butt me so many times that i have to shut the laptop down. or when i am lying on the couch surfing channels, your persuasion with a ragged toy is spot on....

yet yesterday, you ate your food with minimal fuss, you didn't pull on the leash, you were very easy to handle.... one more reason i believe dogs are superior to us humans....

No comments:

Post a Comment